Saturday, August 13, 2005

more

A Course in Miracles tells us that miracles are natural and when they
do not occur that something has gone wrong. Miracles are the result of a "shift in perception." If we are willing to see each other or our situation differently, then our Higher Mind is free to give us a new perception. Once the new perception is given, then the effects of the new perception are seen outwardly in our physical world. We call these experiences miraculous, because with a change in perception, we can almost instantly experience a different result than what we expected. Our Higher Mind is ALWAYS giving us the corrected perception, however it is not often that we invite or pay attention
to it. Let me share an example with you:

I was traveling in the grapevine, a small mountain range in Southern
California, and there was a car traveling about 100 feet in front of
me. All of the sudden, the car swerved to miss a large piece of tire tread in the road. The driver tried to overcompensate and straighten the car out, but instead, the car went completely out of control. It started tumbling sideways, crossed three lanes of traffic and landed upside down in a ditch on the side of the road. I had two of my children with me (in their early teens) and I said out loud, "Kids
we need to pray NOW!" Instinctively, I held out my right hand towards the scene of the accident, as if to send Light energy. I started praying out loud as I made my way to the side of the road. My prayer went something like this. "I am willing to see this differently. There is only God. There is only the Power of God. There is only the effect of God. There is no other power. Suffering is NEVER required! Dear God, help me to know that we can never be altered.
Only the Truth is true. What you created in us can never be altered.
There is only God. There are no effects from the illusion. There are only the effects of God. There is no other power." I said it like a mantra until I was able to stop my car. I asked for Spiritual Guidance about what to do first. I noticed another driver calling for help on their cell phone, so I told the kids to stay in the car
and I ran back to the scene of the accident.

As I arrived, I noticed the fourth person crawling out from under the
upside-down car. I couldn't tell how they were getting out, because the top of the car was crushed so badly. It was a Hispanic family; an older woman in her eighties, two middle-aged women and a 5 year old girl. Several people had pulled over by this time and we were all checking for injuries. The ONLY notable injury was that the driver had broken a thumbnail. We were all amazed! The car had tumbled at least three times before landing upside-down, and the only injury was a broken thumbnail? Wow!

My attention was drawn to the 5 year old girl clutching her Mother
around the neck. I asked her if she spoke English and she shook her head "yes". I was talking to the little girl over her Mother's shoulder. I asked her if she knew that God was there with her and that is why no one got hurt. She just looked at me. I continued and the words just popped out of my mouth, "Don't you see all of the Angels around you?" She lifted her head and looked around. She then
smiled and nodded her head and the signs of trauma left her face. I
told her that later that day, her family might feel worried about what had happened. I asked her to remind them that God was there and that everything is OK. She was grinning from ear to ear as if she was excited to help out. Ithen noticed that her shirt said "Angel". I asked her if she knew what was written on her shirt and she said, "No." When I told her, her face again illuminated with joy. I
knew in my heart that this child would have no traumatic memories
from the accident and my heart swelled in gratitude.

The older woman was sitting on the curb and did not speak English. I
rubbed her back for awhile until the Paramedics arrived. I offered my own silent prayers and did my best to remember the Truth about all of them and that suffering is never required. I asked for a peaceful outcome for all of them.

I left the scene feeling the Grace of God with me. Despite the
horrible accident scene, I felt a deep sense of safety and love all around me. I gave thanks and continued on my journey.

The Course tells us that it only takes one person to choose to
remember the Truth in any situation. It says, "Whoever is saner at the time can ask for the shift in perception." I do believe that the prayers were helpful that day. I was willing to see the situation differently and was immediately given a NEW perception and a new outcome. Sometimes the new perception comes immediately and sometimes it takes a little longer, but it ALWAYS comes!

Today, you can simply survey your situation, your relationships, your
checkbook, your job or anything that is troubling you, and say to
yourself, "I'm willing to see this differently." Do not decide what you would see instead. Simply hold a place for the new perception to be given.

Thanks Robin. Kirsten and I will be back out in northern California
in December and plan to visit your brother Scott and Lorae in December
before heading to the South Pacific for the new year.

Love,

David


No comments: