Wednesday, February 17, 2010

COCOA: Navitas and Mars Botanicals; Theo


Navitas is located less than five miles from where I live.
They have an allstar line of world class superfood. Since I like to drink chocolate half cocoa mix with raw powder or Mars' patented Cocoapro product. I was keen to notice that one of their links promote dairy-free living.
I have heard that eating cocoa with milk will weaken the effectiveness of the flavanols.
(As for me, I even mix cocoa into coffee.) Mars is a huge company, and they dispute that allegation. It is not exactly what one would call a health food company. and they make hundreds of millions a year off of milk chocoIate. I am impressed, however, with their subdivision Mars Botanicals. They are responsible for Cirku.

Unfortunately, it is rather high-priced, and available only through mail order. Click here to find out more at the web site.


Theo, the chocolatier and store and factory in Seattle. Founder Joe Whinney may have the highest pedigree in the fair trade and raw food chocolate industry.



Theo: http://bit.ly/aI0afm
Navitas Naturals: http://bit.ly/9B5hms

No comments: